Vienna-Volunteers are at the heart of Austria’s oldest football club and support First Vienna FC 1894 in the organisation and execution of home matchdays at Naturarena Hohe Warte.
For many visitors, home matches at First Vienna FC 1894 are unique footballing experiences – be it because of exciting sporting events, the romantic football atmosphere at the stadium, or the vibrant blue and yellow support. Behind the scenes, and additionally to our full-time contributors, these one-of-a-kind fan experiences need many voluntary helping hands in different areas. With their honorary engagement, our Vienna-Volunteers are an indispensable support for game organisation and act as important ambassadors for Austria’s oldest football club. With helpfulness, enthusiasm, friendliness and openness, our Vienna-Volunteers make sure all supporters feel right at home at Hohe Warte.
Thus, Vienna-Volunteers assist First Vienna FC 1894 in making home matchdays an unforgettable experience. While doing so, our helpers have the possibility to be right in the midst of First Vienna-action – closer than all other stadium-visitors. They are an indispensable part of our Vienna family.
Prerequisites and Qualifications
Who can become a Vienna-Volunteer?
Everyone over 18 and who is motivated for honorary work is welcome at our club. For everyone to enjoy their engagement in the long term, certain personality traits are indispensable amongst our volunteers:
- They are reliable and competent
- They are friendly and open-minded in every situation
- They enjoy taking on responsibilities independently
- They feel at home when working within a team
- They are resilient and act with flexibility
- They engage with conviction and voluntarily
- They act with heart and reason and are enthusiastically part of First Vienna FC 1894
- Last but not least: time availability is a crucial factor, as a volunteer’s engagement on a matchday starts 3 hours before kick-off and ends 1 hour after the end of the game (Total time allocation on a matchday: 5.5 hours)
Areas of engagement
Areas our volunteers engage in:
According to different competences, experience and individual preferences, Vienna-Volunteers are organised in different groups:
- Team ticketing
- Team security staff
- Team visitors service and hospitality
- Team promotion and merchandising
- Team organisation
- Matchday women’s team
All Vienna-Volunteers are briefed specifically for their responsibilities, are made aware of all rules and are dressed homogeneously.
Advantages as a Vienna-Volunteer
Following perks are offered by First Vienna FC 1894:
- The unique chance to receive first-hand insights into the daily life of Austria’s oldest football club and to be part of an enthusiastic volunteer team
- Interesting and diverse tasks, as well as live-attendance to the game offer lasting impressions and exciting stories
- An attractive volunteer equipment package. A full meal on matchdays. Schoolings and briefings around the engagements
- Volunteer-certificate that confirms and acknowledges the honorary engagement after ten volunteer assignments
How to become a Vienna-Volunteer
If you are interested in starting honorary engagements at First Vienna, you are more than welcome to apply via the online form down below. After careful review of your documents, we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you may send us your documents by mail to the following address:
First Vienna Football Club 1894